05 February, 2009

Harry Potter

I really enjoy the "Harry Potter" series of books. Yeah, they're written for children, but I figure I'm at least partially a child. Anyway, when I was reading them over and over and over again, I sort of imagined which character I would be. Throughout high school and college, I was the most like Hermione. Spent too much time with my nose in a book, knew really weird, obscure things. I kind of hoped this would continue to medical school, that I would somehow be able to balance my relationship with Chris and maintain my Hermione-esque bookworm nature.

I forgot that I'd be going to medical school with lots of other Herminones. There's enough of them that I am no longer a Hermione. I'm Ron. Even on days when I feel like I'm balancing Chris and school fairly well, even on days when I'm doing ok in classes, I'm still Ron. I can't pull down the "Outstanding" grades Hermione did in the books. Heck, I can barely make the "Acceptable" grades that Ron and Harry made. I'm almost Neville.

Damn.

No comments: