12 August, 2008

Time Vortex

I have fallen into a time vortex. I basically sleep, exercise, study, eat, rinse and repeat every day. So far, most days look about the same, except some leave me smelling like anatomy lab. I got dead people in my hair last week. Seriously. How is this part of anyone's reality? On the up side, I seem to have found a groove wherein I don't feel like I'm going completely insane and yet I am only slightly behind. I think it's sort of common to be, or at least feel, like you're about two or three days behind. We were learning about muscles in anatomy today, but I haven't gotten to that in my studying. Yeah, I did the reading, but reading is different than studying, y'know? Maybe you don't. I kind of hope you don't. There is a difference.

I realized the other day that I have no clue as to what's going on in the world. I try to keep abreast of things, but I'm failing. Has Obama picked a running mate? Have the Olympics started? Who is Michael Phelps, and why is he such a big deal? I have no idea. I saw a headline today that stated something like, "Utah to close Friday" and all I thought was, "Gee, is it like the Hotel California?" Oh, and apparently Russia is blowing up Georgia (not the state. My gut reaction was to wonder how they got tanks to Atlanta), the air in Beijing still sucks, and John Edwards had an affair, only no one believed it for a few weeks because only the tabloids would report on it.

It's like time has stopped and yet I am still getting older. This doesn't seem fair.

No comments: