15 February, 2009

Med school tidbits

In lab, we use the expression "pimp" when someone is pointing to structures on a cadaver and quizzing us relentlessly. Only recently did we learn that, at least according to someone, "pimp" is an acronym for "put me in my place." It's pretty accurate, at any rate.

The other night, we were in lab, studying the pharynx. I have been really working my tail off in anatomy, and so when D pointed to the pharyngeal tonsils, I excitedly named them and mentioned that an inflamed pharyngeal tonsil is called an adenoid. He looked at me like I was insane.
D: That's ridiculous. Don't ever let a clinician hear you say that.
Me: Ok, but Dr. H mentioned this...
D: Well he's wrong.
Me: But it's his class...
D: and as long as you're in it, when he says something you say, "please sir, may I have another." Just remember that he's wrong.

No comments: