04 June, 2009

It's strange to be excited about learning about death. I mean, I obviously don't want patients to die, don't want families to have to learn to cope with loss. However, something about helping the process go smoothly for everyone involved is fascinating for me. Helping to keep the patients comfortable and the families feeling supported, informed, and free to grieve appropriately is really fun. Not like going on a roller coaster fun, mind you. More of a peaceful fun. The reading I did today was different than any I'd done recently. It wasn't science really (thank goodness). No kinases, no interleukins, no prostaglandins.

I am damn sick of that hand sanitizer though. I swear it just makes my hands more of a breeding ground for little bacteria.

We actually had an incident the other day where two rabbis and a priest walked onto the neurology/oncology floor looking for a patient. There I was without a damn punchline.

No comments: