23 July, 2009

The most ridiculous thing ever

I've done a lot of nutty things this summer. There was the time that I walked into the Charleston Naval Shipyard and asked if it was Massachusetts General Hospital. That was funny, wasn't it? Then there's the whole hanging out with people while they die thing. This is less funny, but it's not something that most people do during the summer time. I also convinced my husband (not to mention myself) to scale a rock face at Acadia National Park. This particular hike is called "The Beehive" and although it's purportedly only 0.8 miles long, it's pretty ridiculous.



Today, though, I think I may have outdone myself.

Every Thursday for the past month or so, I've been attending the didactic sessions that the palliative care fellows go to, sort of to get an idea of what it's like to be a palliative medicine fellow. They're fun and I understand about 5-10% of everything that is said. All in all, they're an excellent use of a Thursday morning. Today is the last one that I'll be able to attend, and I'm stuck in Wakefield. This is because I've lost my keys somewhere in this house, and I CAN'T FIND THEM. It's beyond the point of even looking at this point, because I've already missed my bus by about a half an hour, and even if I could find them, I couldn't get all the way from Wakefield to Dana Farber by eight o'clock. It's just not feasible. Even if I could, I can't leave the house because, well, this isn't MAINE or Lummi Island, where you can leave your house unlocked and your keys in your car with the windows rolled down and not worry about anything. Wakefield is a nice area, to be sure, but it's not that nice. And I'm not leaving my friend's house completely unlocked.

Oh well. One of the things they were gonna talk about today is delirium, and there were like four MSTAR presentations on that on Tuesday.

The pictures were taken by one of my classmates as he hiked the Beehive at Acadia.

No comments: