28 April, 2010

'ello again

Long time, no post. I'm sorry.

Ok, I'm not really sorry. I'm stressed. Very stressed. Second year courses are drawing to a close (yay!), but before they do, I have two exams to take; one tomorrow and one next Monday. Then, my school, like many other schools out there, does another course that is meant to transition us all from our pre-clinical years wherein we sat on our asses for like 8+ hours a day to working as a member of a medical team in a hospital. Oh, did I mention that we get to take this course while studying for boards?

I'm taking two boards, USMLE and COMLEX. This is basically because I am uncertain about what I want to do, and think that I should hedge my bets. Some programs are totally down w/ COMLEX scores, others are a little confused by them. I'll save them the time spent being confused by giving them something that they understand.

Hopefully.

Husband and I got some awesome shoes. The goal is to strengthen our foot/lower leg muscles. They're fun, if nothing else.

Question: is biochem relevant in practice? I don't mean like acid/base stuff; that's clearly relevant, as is blood glucose and metabolism. But when will I ever need to know how many ATP are generated by a specific pathway? That seems a wee bit excessive to me. Not that I hate biochem. I actually really like it...

No comments: