29 January, 2009

Snow Drift of Doom

Dear City of Saco,
I appreciate that you plow the streets. Heck, you plowing the streets is one of the main reasons that we moved to the apartment that we did. I love watching it snow, primarily because I know that within a half hour or so, I will hear the reassuring rumble of your plowing monstrosities clearing my street. That said, I have a bone to pick with you. Last night, husband and I went down to clear our driveway, which was a non-trivial task. There was significant snow but we prevailed, reassured that, because we'd cleared our driveway last night, that we would have no problems. This is where you come in.

Your rumbling creatures plowed our road, yes. In the process, however, they managed to push a massive drift of sludge, snow, and ice into our drive way. It was big; big enough that to drive over it would destroy the underside of my not trivially sized SUV. What's more, this two-feet thing of snow had managed to freeze, leaving me to ponder how, without any metal snow shovels, I was to get to class. Yes, I know, we should have metal snow shovels, but when you buy your snow gear at Reny's you pretty much get whatever they happen to have that day. Luckily, I was not alone. I have an awesome husband, and good neighbors with metal tools. It took four of us a half an hour to clear this...thing in such a way that I could drive to school. I would appreciate it if you could somehow keep the massive barricade of snow and ice out of my driveway, as well as the driveways of my neighbors.

At least I don't have to go to the gym today, which is good. I no longer have time due to the snow barricade of doom.

Love,
Me

No comments: