08 May, 2010

Overheard in a dressing room

Today, my husband and I ventured out into the world to acquire some professional attire. I'm going to present a poster at a conference next week and I needed polo shirts that weren't transparent. Anyway, we wound up at Target (I'm cheap, ok? I liked the shirts at The Gap better, but they just weren't worth $25-50. Similarly, Macy's was too confusing and costly). I grabbed a few and went into the dressing room and overheard the following:

Gal 1: I mean, I don't know if I really need it, y'know?
Gal 2: Why?
Gal 1: Well, I just don't have the money.
Gal 2: Neither do I. I'm getting these pants instead of food this week. I'm not nursing; it's not child abuse.

There. Are. No. Words.
And with that, I'm going to go re-learn all of the pharmacology I've theoretically learned this year.

No comments: