23 May, 2010

Art project?

So I'm up to my eyeballs in board studying, having now entered "it's 29 days until COMLEX" territory. I'm to the point where I'm now studying for 8-12 hours a day except (generally) on one weekend day. I am actually starting to think that I'll pull this whole thing off somehow, which is am amazing feeling. I've got a crapload of work to do, sure, but something about gradually studying since oh, January, seems to have helped. I "forgot" a lot, but it's coming back, which is nice.

Anyway, I mention this because part of my studying strategy is to pick a section in First Aid and sit with it and another book and go through and annotate EVERY ENTRY. THIS TAKES FOREVER, but it means I get to use pretty, colored pens. I've also been taking notes on pretty, colored paper, which keeps me happy. Anyway, I've become fascinated with the difference in how students utilize First Aid. Some students draw all over it (me), some students have elaborate color coding systems (not me) and others do absolutely no marking. This fascinates me. So I thought what would be a cool art project is to pick a page in First Aid and ask as many medical students as I can to take a picture of it. I could then compile it and see the different ways in which people use the book.

This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night.

No comments: