13 May, 2010

"Swimming"

So I'm in Florida for a conference until Sunday early in the morning. I'm at Disney World, to be exact. A few of my classmates are here; we're all presenting posters at some point. The strange bit is that, although my classmates are super nice, I don't know them that well and so I'm effectively in Disney World by myself. It's very weird. Husband was going to come, but it was financially too much for us. Of course, now I wish he'd come, because I'm essentially in the happiest place on earth by myself.

It's kind of depressing.

I woke up early (I don't really need to be at the conference until noon today) to go running outside while it was still "cool." Now, if you've never been to Florida, you'll have no way of knowing this, but there is no "cool." There's hot, more hot, and "oh my god I'm melting" hot. Why is this? Humidity. It was 72 degrees out when I was running, a reasonable temperature if you're wearing a tank top (I was) and shorts (ditto). It was also like 85% humidity. It wasn't so much a run as it was a swim.

No comments: