01 September, 2008

Forgetting school

Every now and then, it's necessary to take a day and forget that you're in medical school. Yesterday was one such day. I woke up leisurely, had a lovely brunch with my husband, went to an art show on the coast, and had a wonderful dinner with friends.

So it wasn't a complete success. I kept trying to remember the muscles in the extensor compartment of the forearm, as well as the muscles of the thenar and hypothenar eminences of the hand. Also, I kept finding bony landmarks on my husband. It was weird. Even on play days, you're never really away from it.

The downside, of course, is that yesterday is gone, and now even though my husband has today off and I theoretically have no classes, I am going to go study at school. All day.

Oh yeah, and we're less than two weeks away from our first block exam. Not that I'm stressed or anything.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Ahhh, sweet forgetfulness... blissful ignorance... and wonderful husbands to relax with. Life doesn't get any better than that unless brownies are involved ;) Hope your exam thingies go well!