14 September, 2008

Post Exam Weekend

I have officially survived my first exam week. I'm a little thrilled, really. Every day was hard, no doubt, but I feel pretty good about how I did on my exams. I am pretty sure I passed everything, and there is a slight chance that I high passed a few things. That wasn't my goal this first exam cycle. My goal was to get my bearings, figure out what works and what doesn't, and then apply it to future exam cycles to do better and to use my time more effectively.

Also, this weekend has been awesome. I've done nothing school related, except for a memorial service for our body donors. The service was nice and respectful, except for the MSII that was wearing a mini skirt that was just barely longer than her short white coat.

I think I may be getting the upper respiratory thingie that's going around in my class. I am happy to have had it miss exam week, but I feel like crap right now and that's horrible. I wanted to go to church today, for the first time in a month or so. I feel gross though, so I may have to go next weekend. I'm sitting here with a glass of water and seeing if I feel better. Mostly, though, my church has a lot of elderly folks and I don't want to get them sick.

Either way, today I do have to do a little bit of work to prepare for classes tomorrow. I think I'm ready to move forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it through the first one! Hopefully *knock on wood* they will get much easier as you get into the flow of things more.

Hope you don't get sick, but if it makes you feel any better, that same upper respiratory death-like-thing is going around my teaching classes. We're all trying to give presentations and just coughing our way through them.

Feel better!!